Friday, February 17, 2012

All-New, Exciting Hyperbole!

In the never-ending war between attempting to earn a paycheck and updating content on the website, I'll be the first to admit that I'm usually the one doing most of the losing.  One of the reasons this site started out as a broad pop culture forum is because we wanted to publish multiple articles and blog posts every day.  When everything was turned over to me with a shoulder shrug and a, "Well, guess that didn't work," I was disappointed.  Instead of the keys to something nice and shiny, I got Grandma's old Buick.


Like this, but with more HTML and fewer cigarette burns.

Since I'm not sixteen anymore, my reaction wasn't, "Holy shit, now I can drive without worrying about my parents smelling weed in their Toyota," but something closer to "meh."

Still, I love writing, whether it's about sports or Magic, or feminism, or the odd glare that reflects off my bald spot when I'm sitting in a hotel room with mirrors that face each other in what I assume is an attempt to keep middle-aged couples from getting it on.  It's just about prioritizing.

With that in mind, I'm not going to promise new content all of the time.  There isn't a posting schedule anymore.  But I will do everything in my power to have an original post once a week--normally on Mondays, so that you have something to fill another fifteen minutes while you desperately avoid that post-weekend hangover at work.

The rest of the time, you'll get infrequent musings, essays, and reprints of memes.


If you are reading this, you probably remember what the old site looked like.  The redesign is to simplify things.  No more tabs to empty sections and potentially offensive pictures.  Just actual content, and peeks at Twitter or other areas of the Interwebs that I find amusing.

Thanks again to all of the anonymous visitors who make updating a site like this worthwhile.  It's been a bumpy ride, but I think you'll be entertained by where we've ended up.

Ben Snyder is a freelance writer living somewhere in the American southeast.  He divides his time between entirely too many things to try and make into a pithy list.  His first e-book is available and you can find him on Twitter (@snglmaltproof) where he promises not to spam your account with inane rambling.  Mostly.

No comments:

Post a Comment